Official website https://openai.com
OpenAI is an artificial intelligence research organization that aims to develop and promote friendly AI in a way that benefits all of humanity. They have developed a number of AI models, including GPT-3 and GPT-4, arguably the most advanced natural language processing models in the world.
Connect your OpenAI Account
- Go to the API Keys page on OpenAI.
- Log in with your OpenAI account (or create a new account
- Click the button labeled
Create a new secret key
- A new dialog window will appear, containing a text box with your API key.
Set connectionand link with your account on
- Copy the API Key and Organization ID here:
- Paste your API Key
If you want to remove your API Key from CodeGPT, select
⋮ button, and click on
GPT models available in Code GPT
To use this extension you must have credits loaded into your OpenAI account. This extension uses the Official OpenAI API which is a paid API.
If you do not have credits the extension will show the following OpenAI API error: You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details
To review your account and the credits you have available, you must log in with your account at https://openai.com/api/
In the menu select Manage Account, then in the Usage section, you will be able to see the amount of credits available and used.
In this image you can see that $13 USD has been used out of a total of $18.
If you are getting API errors check the following link: OpenAI API Errors
Typical OpenAI errors
- Error Code 404: The model: gpt-4 does not exist
- Error Code 429 - Rate limit reached for requests
- Error Code 429 - You exceeded your current quota, please check your plan and billing details.
- Error Code 429 - The engine is currently overloaded. Please try again later.
- Error Code 401 - Invalid Authentication